In view of the 100th anniversary of
tourism and research activities in Kungur Ice Cave and V.S. Lukin\'s 100th
birthday anniversary Stalagmit-Excurs Ltd., Mining Institute of Ural branch of
RAS and Perm State National Research University arrange an international
research-to-practice conference, the purpose of which is to discuss the problems
of scientific study and exploitation of underground spaces, management, tourism
and recreation in the karst areas. The conference will discuss the issues in 2
directions: 1st section is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of tourism and
research activities in Kungur Ice Cave, 2nd section - the memory of famous karst
researcher V.S. Lukin:
1. Underground space as an object of scientific study
(geology, mineralogy, ecology, hydrology, meteorology, glaciology, biology,
2. Problems of management, tourism and recreation in the
3. History of tour exploitation of underground spaces.
Protection of karst landscapes and caves.
5. Problems of Engineering Geology
of karst areas.
6. Monitoring of karst processes.
7. Public education and environmental education in the karst areas.