We invite you to attend the International Conference “Magmatism of the Earth and Related Strategic Metal Deposits” dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the Kola Science Centre RAS and 100th anniversary of birth of outstanding petrographer Dr.Sci. (Geol.-mineral.) Tatiana Nikolaevna Ivanova. The Confencence will be held at the Federal Research Centre “Kola Science Centre of the Russian Academy of Sciences” (Apatity, Russia) on 31 August – 5 September, 2020. The conference is focused upon fundamental and applied aspects of geodynamics, geochemistry, petrology and mineralogy of the magmatism and related deposits of “critical elements”.
Key research topics:
1. Conditions and mechanisms of concentration of strategic metals in magmatic complexes of various geodynamic settings.
2. Mantle sources and processes controlling the origin and evolution of ore-bearing magmas.
3. Mineralogy and crystal chemistry of strategic metals.
4. Experimental and numerical studies of the genesis, evolution and ore content of magmatic systems.
5. Technological mineralogy and new approaches to ore processing of deposits associated with alkaline magmatism.
6. Alkaline rocks and carbonatites as a source of jewelry and ornamental raw materials.
Program Committee Chairmen: Academician RAS L.N. Kogarko (Institute of Geochemistry and Analytical Chemistry RAS), Corresponding Member RAS S.V. Krivovichev (Kola Science Centre RAS, St. Petersburg State University). Deputy Chairmen: Prof. N.E. Kozlov (Kola Science Centre RAS), Prof. A.A. Arzamastsev (St. Petersburg State University, Institute of Precambrian Geology and Geochronology RAS).